Mizou Organic Project
Bio sun Neda Pars company, a science based organization,
has focused its resources on the health and safety of the
food products by producing a strategically precious product,
organic saffron and it’s by-products, for export according
to the domestic eco system as well as the agricultural and
the socio economic conditions.
The aim has been to increase the effectiveness of the plant
components in accordance with the international standards
in order to produce a healthy product without any contamination
or chemical pollution.
The concentration has also been on producing the highest value
of the base and the by-products of saffron as well as its
medicinal supplements for the purpose of creating a substantial added value.
Mizou Project Outlook
The purpose of the project is to direct all efforts in producing wholesome food as a necessity for the human society.
- To increase the export volume of the products, by-products and the derivatives as well as to develop the international trade share
- To enhance the income earned on the global markets
- To produce a line of standardized high quality products
- To provide food safety and maintaining the well-being of the consumers
- To prevent the contamination of water and soil resources
- To increase the economic efficiency of the production
- To manage an Agro Eco System based production
- To stabilize the economic welfare of the farmers’ families and to improve the added value of the product
- To reintroduce the native expertise and the traditional scientific knowledge
Where we start our story?
The village of SENO sits in the state of Khorasan within the county
of Gonabad holding a population of 1250 permanent and 950 temporary
residents. The village has an area under cultivation of over 450
hectares and a production capacity of 2.5 tons. It has become the
manufacturing hub for the production of saffron. The farms benefit
from the supply of a great quality of spring water.
The start of the project took place in 2010 with the sincere
cooperation of the farmers, the residents and the official council.
The emphasis has been on the need for a collaborative partnership
in order to improve the work force capabilities in a respectful
manner and to enhance the awareness and the necessary
knowledge through targeted training.
The production of the organic saffron at the Seno
village was considered as an ideal system
representing an opportunity to enhance the
village’s eco system through the use of the
scientific knowledge and the native wisdom.
The process ultimately resulted in the improvement
of the quality as well as the quantity of the saffron
produced according to the international product safety
and health standards by reducing the microorganism
and the chemical contamination caused by the misuse
of the chemical components and improper methods of operation
It was then considered to employ the ideas of improving the cultivation
pattern as well as the mode of production and processing, application
of the traditional experiences based on the use of the biological elements
and the utilization of the renewable resources at the farms.
As an ecofriendly village, Seno village introduced a new prototype of sustainable development
and an innovative rural entrepreneurship program in which the agricultural development
of an interactive climate was designed around three fundamental factors:
- The consistency of the quality and the quantity of the production
- The adaptation of the ecological process in the natural environment
- The modification and long term reduction of the effects of the natural environment’s destruction process